W12: Workshop on Cognitive Knowledge Acquisition and Applications (Cognitum 2017)
Room 80.04.22, RMIT University Building 80 (SAB or Swanston Academic Building), 445 Swanston Street, Melbourne, Victoria, 3000
Tentative Program (subject to change) – Sunday August 20, 2017
- 8:30 a.m. Introduction.
- 8:40 a.m. Keynote talk – Mary-Anne Williams.
- 9:30 a.m. Nicos Isaak and Loizos Michael. How the Availability of Training Material Affects Performance in the Winograd Schema Challenge.
10:00 Coffee break
- 10:30 a.m. Pietro Pasotti, Catholijn Jonker, and M. Birna van Riemsdijk. Action Identification Hierarchies for Behaviour Support Agents.
- 11:00 a.m. Invited talk – Anthony G. Cohn – Natural Language Grounding and Grammar Induction for Robotic Manipulation Commands.
- 11:30 a.m. Solicited position paper – Antonio Lieto. Types and Levels of Knowledge (with Implications for Learning and Reasoning).
- 12:00 p.m. Invited talk – Fabien Gandon.
12:30 p.m. Lunch break*
Deep Learning and Cognition
- 2:30 p.m. Masataro Asai and Alex Fukunaga. Classical Planning in Deep Latent Space: From Unlabeled Images to PDDL (and Back).
- 3:00 p.m. Panel discussion – Can Deep Learning Scale up to High-Level Cognition (generating explanations, arguing for or against a position, understanding stories, planning and scheduling a project, thinking about thinking, and so on)? Anthony G. Cohn, Mary-Anne Williams, Antonio Lieto.
4:00 p.m. Coffee break
- 4:30 p.m. Takahira Yamaguchi, Takeshi Morita, Hiroki Komatsushiro, and Kodai Nakamura. Agile Acceptance of Domain Expert’s Feedback with Developing Robot Tea House.
- 5:00 p.m. Discussion.
- 6:00 p.m. End of workshop.
* Note that lunch will not be provided.